Planning your Quinceañera?
Stay organized with this helpful timeline!
Planning a Quinceañera can be an intimidating task. The best way to deal with the daunting undertaking is to plan ahead. The first order of business is to sit down with your family to create a budget and choose a date. Once those two things are finalized, we can begin the planning process! Below you will find a Quinceañera Check List to help keep you on track!
12 Months in Advance
- Book the Church and Pastor/Priest/Minister
- Start Researching: Will you need to hire a party planner?
- Venues (Do you want Buffet or Per Person?)
- Party Themes/Decorations/Favors (Will you need to hire a decorator or rental services?)
- DJ and/or Band
- Create a List of people who will be in your court
- Create a first draft of a guest list and decide how many people will be invited.
- Determine who the madrina and padrino will be and discuss with them what their contribution will be.
9 Months in Advance
- Book your DJ and/or Band
- Book your Venue
- Book your Caterer (unless your venue provides catering)
- Contact Dresses By Russo and meet with a Sales Rep to choose Your Quinceañera Dress!
- Book your Photographer
- Book your Florist
- Begin Planning the Reception Hall Entrance, Traditions you would like to include in the ceremony, and Dances. You may want to think about hiring a choreographer!
- Make final decisions on your court and notify them to give them time to save money!
6 Months in Advance
- Visit Dresses By Russo to choose your Damas Dresses
- Visit Russo Tux Shop to choose tuxedo style for the Chamberlains and register your Quinceañera
- Finalize your Guest List
- Start Researching Decorations for Reception Hall based on your theme.
- Visit any of our Russo Tux locations to order your invitations.
- Finalize menu
- Finalize where you will be getting your cake and how you want it decorated.
- Contact Russo Limousine to book your Limo(s)
- Contact Hotels for guests coming from out of town so they can get special discounted rates
3 Months in Advance
- Order Favors and Decorations
- Start Quince Rehearsals with your court to practice entrance and dance(s)
- Start Researching Gifts for Court
- Contact Dresses By Russo to make an appointment for alterations for your dresses
- Contact Dresses By Russo for your Quinceañera Accessories i.e. shoes, jewelry, tiara, etc.
- Mail out Invitations
- Make appointments for yourself and your court for:
- Book your appointment with your photographer to take your entrance photo
- Purchase Gifts for your Court
- Begin writing and practicing your speech
- Start seating chart for reception
1 Month in Advance
- Contact Guests who have not RSVP’d
- Finalize Seating chart and floor plan
- Submit floor plan to Venue
- Contact all Vendors to confirm
- Select a Song List for your DJ/and or Band
Week of Quinceañera
- Make sure Chamberlains pick up their tuxedo/suit rental at Russo Tux Shop the Wednesday before the event.
- Make sure each person tries on their tuxedo at the shop before they take it home!
- Confirm Hair, Make-Up and Nail Appointments
- Finalize your speech
- Buy Thank You Cards for your guests so you can mail them out the day after your party
While you are in the brainstorming process, research different vendors that meet your standards and price range!
- Party Planner (Available at Dresses By Russo)
- Master of Ceremonies
- Hair Dresser
- Make-Up Artist
- Limo (Available at Russo Tux, Dresses, and Limousine)
- Tuxedos (Available at Russo Tux, Dresses, and Limousine)
- Invitations (Available at Russo Tux, Dresses, and Limousine)
- Decorator (Available at Dresses By Russo, Chelsea)
- Rentals (table, chairs, linen etc)
- Quinceañera Dress (Available at Dresses By Russo, Chelsea)
- Damas Dresses (Available at Dresses By Russo)